Stribling Lobby
Gettys guys
Two Girls

Housing FAQs

Is housing available for graduate and non-traditional students?

UMHB housing is primarily meant for undergraduate students and first priority for assignment is given to the traditional undergraduate. Graduate students and non-traditional students may apply for housing using the new student application and will be assigned if space is available. The assignment may be delayed until the Residence Life Office has determined that there is no overflow in housing and that all undergraduates seeking housing have been placed.   

 To see a list of Temple/Belton apartment complexes, click here for Off Campus Resources.

Is housing available for married students?

At this time, UMHB does not offer married or family housing.  

For a listing of off campus resources, click here for an Off Campus Resource List.

Where can I find the student handbook or student housing guide?

The student handbook and housing guide can be found at

Where can I find information on dining plans offered by UMHB?

All residents in traditional residence halls are required to have a UMHB meal plan. Basic information about meal plans is available on our site. More detailed information is available on the CruCard and UMHB Dining Services sites.

I have a disability, can I be placed in an accessible room?

If you have a disability or health issue and are seeking placement in an accessible room or specific type of housing, please view our information on accessible housing.

What size mattress will be in my room?

Apartment Complexes

  • Huckins Apartments - 75" mattress
  • Farris Apartments - 80" mattress
  • College View - 80" mattress
  • Independence Village Apartments -
        IV 2 - Garner - 80" mattress
        IV 4 - Grover, Ferguson, Clark, Provence, Taylor, James & Tryon - 75" mattress
        IV 2 - Tyson, Wilson & Hobby - 75" mattress

Residence Halls

  • Beall Hall - 80" mattress
  • Burt Hall - 80" mattress
  • Gettys Hall - 80" mattress
  • Johnson Hall - 80" mattress
  • McLane Hall - 80" mattress
  • Remschel Hall - 80" mattress
  • Stribling Hall - 75" mattress
Where can I find additional information about my room?  (i.e. layout, window size etc)

Select your building from the options available. The floor plan, pictures and building specific information is listed to help your transition to UMHB Housing.

Residence Life
Address: 900 College Street, UMHB Station Box 8006, Belton, TX 76513
Phone: (254) 295-4590